Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Event Rigger Full Time- Fontainebleau Miami Beach
Responsible for performing rigging activities in a Hospitality or convention center environment while upholding safety and quality standards per all trade, PSAV/property guidelines and SOP’s. Reports to Lead Rigger or Rigging Coordinator.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Gather and organize all rigging tools and equipment per event needs.
- Confirm carpet protected as required by local conditions.
- Provide ground rigging support to teams building points from lifts by staging motors and equipment under rig points, handing up motor chain, tools and equipment and spotting lift movements.
- Establish hang-point, connect hoist and attachments to permanent rigging points, connect GAC Flex spanset attachments to truss, connect/run and dress motor cables, run cable picks, ensure safety of scenic elements to hang-points and proper use of all truss protection equipment, inspect all cabling tie-offs.
- Check that all truss bolts are tight and pieces of flown equipment are safetied to truss.
- Support other trades needing help raising gear through use of motor or lift, and check work for safety.
- Remain on site until all motors have been raised to trim.
- Responsible for observing and maintaining all safety concerns during an event, including escalation of any observations of personnel who are acting in an unsafe manner.
- Ensure the power phasing of motor controller is appropriate to prevent limit switches from being defeated.
- Verify all elements are securely fastened and checked for safety.
- Must secure and maintain proper lift and/or Working At Height certifications as necessary.
- Follow all manufactures recommendations and local conditions when using personnel lifts.
- Riggers must be qualified prior to making any temporary rigging points or any points outside of a protected lift of any kind.
- Secure and review advanced rigging plan and execute through Rigging Coordinator/Lead Rigger or other leadership supervision.
- Identify possible rigging obstacles and recommend solutions to resolve issues.
- Assist other technical trades with coordination efforts to execute show plot in harmony with all floor activity.
- Provide ongoing visual inspection of all hardware in use including truss, motors, lighting, sound, projection, and personnel lifts.
- Escalate any problems with hardware and recommend solutions to resolve issues to supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 500 hours of onsite rigging experience
- Qualified-Basic Rigging certification
- Lift Certification
- Lift operation experience
- Ground Rigging experience
- High rigging without harness experience
- Previous experience supervising a rigging team preferred
· Exceeds Customer Expectations
· Establishing Focus
· Building Teamwork