Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Pastry Chef/Cook- Seasonal Oct 2019-April 2020
at Quail Ridge
- 14-Aug-2019 to 31-Oct-2019 (EST)
- Boynton Beach, FL, USA
- Based on experience
- Seasonal - Full Time
Seasonal Oct 2019-April 2020
Responsible for assisting the Pastry Chef with the day-to-day preparing of desserts, pastry, bread, and bakery items for the clubhouse restaurants, banquets and events, and snack bar areas. Responsible for the quality of pastry and bakery foods produced adhering to recipes, while maintaining an impeccable cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas. Works in a high volume, fast paced, team oriented and professional kitchen. Must possess culinary knowledge and be able to implement. Possess pleasant can do attitude, especially when under pressure. Responsible for ensuring members/guests receive consistent, quality, and efficient food.
- Oversee production and assist with the preparation of pastry and bakery department in Clubhouse.
- Prepares food in a timely, consistent fashion to exact standards following established recipes and plating.
- Responsible for food receiving or storage and proper handling of all food items.
- Ensure that food comes out simultaneously, in high quality and in a timely fashion.
- Works at a fast pace with attention to safety and works with basic kitchen equipment.
- Sets up stations with limited supervision and executes at a high level of expertise.
- Communicates openly and honestly to concerns and suggestions and takes constructive feedback in a non-defensive manner.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
- Maintains a methodically organized work station and food production.
- Possesses openness and willingness to learn in the spirit of continuous improvement.
- Tasting of the food and make the necessary corrections to recipe spec.
- Non-negotiable and must maintain uniform, personal hygiene, and professional conducts per club policy.
- Responsible for BEO, event preparation all banquet, restaurant, snack bars and in-home catering functions.
- Create and revise all basic recipes with Pastry Chef and Executive Chef.
- Act as liaison with restaurant / club managers and serving staffs.
- Monitor forecasts to minimize waste and spoilage and proper ordering.
- Arrange and organize culinary staff for outside catering and buffet attendance.
- Provide recipes, training, and experience to all staff to adhere to the quality standards.
- Ensure all stations are properly set prior to service and make the necessary corrections if needed.
- Ensure food is handled, processed, and stored in accordance with the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) program.
- Ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the club.
- Ensure compliance with club rules, policies, and procedures.
- Follow and maintain all required federal and state safety and cleanliness regulations in a kitchen or cooking area.
- Maintains and rotates all products, communicating with supervisors when products are not servable or other problems exist.
- Communicates with the Chefs to ensure a coordinated effort aimed at providing a quality culinary experience for the club members and guests
- Plan, manage, and monitor work, communicating, coaching staff, and building relationships.
- Punctuality and a good attendance record are expected.
- Works with the Pastry Chef and other culinary staff to ensure all goals of the kitchen are met in a collaborative manner, with a positive attitude and communicates well with both the culinary and service teams.
- Assists other staff as needed.
- Assists other production areas when time permits.
- Perform any other duties and/or tasks assigned by management.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP.
- Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and members.
- Must have knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a kitchen setting.
- Respond to members in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and coordinate and complete tasks with limited supervision.
- Must be a detail-oriented individual and possess time management skills.
- Must maintain high performance standards.
- Ability to deal with routine changes often.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to grasp, lift, move, or push goods on cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds.
- Able to work under hot and stressful conditions.
- Ability to use sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.
- Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
- Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
- Ability to work directly with the members and banquet catering team managers to ensure members satisfaction.
Education and experience
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Culinary or apprenticeship program preferred.
- Relevant experience in a high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred.
- Two years pastry cook or line cook experience preferred.
- Food Safety Training required.
Apply on our website at:
Drug Free Workplace