Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Building Consultant
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are currently seeking a Building Contractor/Project Manager/ Estimator to assist with claims analysis, contractor standard of care, construction cost estimating, and construction scheduling related assignments for the purposes of helping our clients in the resolution of claims and legal disputes. The Position requires a strong background and understanding of technical aspects for both commercial and residential building envelope systems, building codes, ADA guidelines, and construction document preparation. Assignments will include site evaluations, contract, cost, and schedule analysis, oral and written reports that document causes of failure, extent of loss, and recommended remediation. Provide opinions and, if necessary, expert testimony. Other duties may include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document onsite conditions and oversee field-testing. Must possess strong communication skills and be able to deliver presentations to clients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS and Qualifications - Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- 5+ years of experience as a commercial or residential construction project manager.
- Perform forensic assignments within the field of general construction, civil/structural engineering, and building sciences expertise based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
- General Contractor’s license a plus.
- Ability to analyze construction costs and schedules.
- Proficient computer skills in
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Estimating software such as RS Means or Xactimate
- Project management software (CMiC or similar)
- Scheduling software (Primavera or similar).
- Insurance claims adjusting experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or Architecture a plus, but not required.
- May serve as team leader or project manager. May be required to supervise and/or evaluate performance of associate team members.
- Monitor and document progress during construction and/or rebuild if required by client.
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.