Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are currently seeking a Construction Engineer for our Miami office with experience specific to the design and construction of buildings to assist in the determination of the cause, origin, and extent of construction defects, construction delays, structural failures, water intrusions, and other failures. An understanding and proficiency of installation standards, practices, and procedures within the building construction industry is essential. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
Duties in this key position involve the investigation and analysis of residential, commercial, and industrial properties for the purpose of resolving claims and legal matters. Assignments may include contract disputes, installation deficiencies, material deficiencies, site evaluations, settlement investigations, structural assessments, and vibration analyses. Preparation of oral and written reports to document the causes of failure, extent of loss, associated work scope, and recommended remediation are essential as is providing opinions and expert testimony in litigation matters. Additional duties include gathering photographic evidence, conducting investigations to document on-site conditions, overseeing field-testing, and reviewing historical documentation.
- BS or better in Civil Engineering with 5 years’ experience preferred.
- PE license in Florida is required.
- Previous daily construction project management experience with a general contractor or developer to include preparing cost estimates, awarding sub-contracts, preparing schedules, coordinating activities, and responsibility for job site safety and profitability.
- A General Contractors/Building Contractors/Specialty Contractors license or the ability to obtain such license within 6 months is desired.
- Must possess strong verbal and written communication skills and be able to deliver presentations to clients for the purposes of both litigation support and marketing.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds and able to perform inspections in confined spaces.