Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Engineering/Technical Consultants
We are currently seeking an Engineering Associate for our Miami office to assist project managers and engineers with forensic, consulting services requiring civil/structural engineering expertise for insurance, legal, industrial and other clients. Will work under the guidance of a senior engineer to gather field information, perform inspections, document job sites, review weather data and other necessary documents to assess and determine the cause and origin of structural failures and construction defects. Evaluates and reviews design and field engineering changes during construction; ensures work quality and adherence to specifications; and performs related duties as assigned. In return for your talent and effort, we offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package—including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, employer-matching 401(k), a flexible work schedule, and opportunities for advancement.
- Performs forensic assignments within the field of civil/structural engineering expertise based upon a scope of work and budget prepared by the consultant and agreed upon by the client in advance of performing the work.
- Investigations: Study and determine the cause and origin of claims related to moisture intrusion, roof damage, and structural damage
- Ability to initiate, develop and maintain mutually beneficial client relationships.
- B.S. Civil Engineering degree or higher.
- E.I.T Certification Required.
- 2-4+ years of experience.
- Residential construction experience a plus.
- Estimating experience a plus.
- Must have high level of analytical skills. Work requires continual attention to detail with the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with clients at all levels (e.g. internal and external).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency with AutoCad is desired