Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Laboratory Technician / Phlebotomist
at Select Medical
- Job ID
- US-FL-Miami Lakes
- Experience (Years)
- Street Address
- 14001 NW 82nd Avenue
- Select Specialty Hospital - Miami Lakes
- Position Type
- Per Diem
Critical Illness Recovery Hospital
Medical Laboratory Technician
At Select Specialty/ Regency Hospital, a division of Select Medical, our specialty hospitals care for chronically and critically ill or post-ICU patients who require extended hospital care. We are currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Technician to join our team. We offer an excellent network of career opportunities across the U.S.
As a Medical Lab Technician / Phlebotomist, you will be responsible for having a working knowledge of all areas of laboratory services provided by Select Medical, including pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
Other responsibilities of the Medical Lab Technician / Phlebotomist position include:
- Follows laboratory protocols for daily instrument preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, calibrations, quality controls, and proficiency testing with documentation
- Performs phlebotomy duties according to established standards, practices, and procedures
- Performs patient testing recognizing factors affecting results, including differences in sex and age
- Accesses patient reports for accuracy using delta checks and notifying the nursing unit of critical results prior to releasing the results to the nursing unit in a timely manner
- Notifies the nursing staff of any problems or concerns encountered during the blood draw process
- Advises the Lab Manager of malfunctioning equipment, maintenance problems,and any unusual situations, occurrences, conditions, or reactions
As a Medical Lab Technician / Phlebotomist, you must be able to deliver superior quality in all that you do. We are seeking results-driven team players who treat patients as if they were their own family members. Qualified candidates must be passionate about providing a superior quality of care. You must also be a resourceful problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
Other requirements include:
- Requires completion from a School for Medical Technologist (Clinical Laboratory Scientist) or Medical Laboratory Technician (Clinical Laboratory Technician program) AND/OR Completion of a phlebotomy certification course with experience
Join a Select Team of Excellence Today!