Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ASST DIRECTOR - SALES
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Sales Operations
- Requisition ID
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, “Bora Bora” style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa® & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Under the direction of the Director of Sales, the individual is responsible for assisting and acting in the absence of the Director of Sales to develop and execute strategic sales plan and initiatives to maximize hotel service and profitability.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Manages and solicits a designated market.
- Organizes and supervises the sales team.
- Works closely with the senior management team to drive business needs and expand existing business through promotional efforts and sales channels.
- Develops the sales group and grooms a high-performing sales team.
- To the highest standards, achieves individual sales booking goal for assigned market and works closely with the Director of Sales to identify and drive focused activities on elements of the business that require additional support.
- Prepares company contracts for the hotel in accordance with current business and pricing conditions.
- Develops the team through leadership and by example to include sales development; participates in the hiring of team members, and their future success.
- Contributes to the development of company sales initiatives by recommending, implementing and monitoring appropriate local activity.
- Cooperates with other departments in the hotel, particularly Customer Care and the Banqueting Department, to create an exceptional guest experience and build strong, comprehensive sales programs.
- Contributes to relevant management meetings to develop and implement sales and marketing initiatives.
- Maintains and updates Current Offers and Promotions on Cvent, iLeads, etc.
- Travels as needed to develop an individual market.
- Attends weekly Group Forecast Meetings.
- Manages individual markets, accounts and bookings.
- Prepares proposals, contracts and client correspondence.
- Communicates all information pertinent to each sales and catering group business.
- Promotes positive guest/employee relations.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Other assignments as directed.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred with any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. Must have a minimum of 5 years of sales experience in a hospitality industry.
- Proficient computer skills including but not limited, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook and Delphi experience preferred.
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).