Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
* FOOD RUNNER - STEAKHOUSE - PT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
- Position Type
- Food & Beverage - Operations
- Requisition ID
About Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood is the flagship casino resort of Hard Rock International, owned by the Seminole Tribe of Florida. This world-renowned entertainment, gaming and hospitality destination unveiled a $1.5 billion expansion on Oct. 24, 2019. New offerings include 638 upscale guestrooms in the first-ever Guitar Hotel, 168 luxury guestrooms and unique swim-up suites in the adjacent Oasis Tower at Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood, and 465 newly redesigned guestrooms in Hard Rock Hotel for a combined room count of 1,271 throughout the resort. Additional amenities include the lush, “Bora Bora” style lagoon with private cabanas and butler service; a 42,000 square-foot Rock Spa® & Salon; a 13.5-acre recreational water experience for swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding; 19 dining outlets and 20 bars and lounges; an expansive gaming floor with 3,100 slots, 195 table games and a 45-table poker room; 120,000 square feet of premier meeting and convention space including a 38,000 square-foot, carpeted exhibition hall; and a 26,000 square-foot retail promenade. The highly anticipated Hard Rock Live entertainment venue with a 7,000-person capacity, will showcase A-list entertainers, comedy acts, Broadway performances, sporting events and live broadcast productions. The integrated resort is located on 87 acres of the Hollywood Seminole Reservation along State Road 7 (U.S. Highway 441), and is 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and 30 minutes from downtown Miami and Miami International Airport. For more information, visit us online at www.seminolehardrockhollywood.com, call 800-937-0010 or follow us: Facebook: SeminoleHardRockHollywood, Twitter: @HardRockHolly, Instagram: @HardRockHolly.
Under the direction of the Manager, the Runner is responsible to serve meals to guest. Additionally prepares dining rooms for use, cleans appropriate areas, and sets tables for further use ensuring a positive guest experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina.
- Completes all established set-up, stocking and closing duties on time.
- Clears, cleans and resets tables according to procedures.
- Knows and adheres to health and sanitation guidelines at all times.
- Demonstrates a courteous, friendly, polite, congenial and efficient attitude.
- Promotes positive guest/employee relations.
- Serves all guests according to established standards of service.
- Delivers all items in a timely and courteous manner.
- Assist servers and bussers as necessary with established pre-bus and pre-set standards.
- Communicates customer requests to assigned server.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant seating plan including sections, table numbers and seat numbers.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant (ordering) systems; expediting systems.
- Communicates with kitchen expeditor; checks order duplicates for correctness; communicates discrepancies to the expeditor.
- Is familiar with all menu specifications and abbreviations.
- Handles and solves any concerns and questions customers may have or relays guest complaints/compliments to the appropriate Assistant Manager on duty.
- Maintains a clean, safe, hazard-free work environment within area of responsibility.
- Adheres to food & beverage policies, procedures, state liquor laws, state food safety handler regulations and all related training material.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one (1) year of high volume food service experience. Table service restaurant experience highly preferred.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional
- Management expectation is that you must be able to work any shift including weekends and
- May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke and excessive noise.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The Casino environment is hectic, fast-paced and often crowded and noisy. May be exposed to casino related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise and constant exposure to general public.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.