Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SPECIALTY COOK - ASIAN CUISINE - PT
at Seminole Gaming
- Seminole Property
- Seminole Casino Coconut Creek
- Position Type
- Part Time
- Food & Beverage - Culinary
- Requisition ID
Seminole Casino Coconut Creek offers the market's most fully-integrated, energized, stylish and upscale local's casino experience featuring 2,300 Las Vegas style slots and over 65 live table games such as blackjack, baccarat and poker. Under its roof, the casino has the region's most sought-after steakhouse, NYY Steak, Sorrisi Italian Restaurant and the New York-style 1st Street Deli. Guests can entertain with live music and listen to tunes from the region's top DJs at Legends Lounge, Nectar and Sunset Grill. The Pavilion, a 1,200-seat capacity entertainment venue, has been a home to acts like Tony Orlando, Frank Sinatra Jr., Joan Collins and many more. Open 24/7,
365 days a year, Seminole Casino Coconut Creek is located at the corner of U.S. 441 (State Road 7) and Sample Road at 5550 NW 40 Street in Coconut Creek, Fla. For more information, call 954.977.6700; visit us online at CasinoCoco.com<http://CasinoCoco.com><http://seminolecoconutcreekcasino.com/> or facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek<http://facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek><https://www.facebook.com/seminolecasinocococreek> or follow us on Instagram
/> and Twitter @SemCasinoCoCo<http://twitter.com/#!/semcasinococo>
OUR COMMITMENT TO SERVICE:
We don't have customers, we have Guests. Each visitor is our Guest, just as you have a Guest in your home. You take a certain level of pride when you have an invited Guest in your home. You should take the same pride with every Guest who visits one of our properties. Unparalleled Service isn't just a part of our mission statement at Seminole Gaming; it's a commitment to each and every one of our current and future Guests.
- Prepares food, including hot entrees for our Asian dishes, to specification in an accurate and timely manner to provide guests with a quality product.
- Prepares food items as directed, ensuring each order sent out is uniform and consistent.
- Controls food production to include proper cooking methods, cooking time and temperature, ensuring sanitation, handling and storage of prepared food and leftovers.
- Demonstrates competent product knowledge by correct storing and handling of all perishables, maintaining quality, security, value and integrity.
- Oversees proper care, storage, use and cleaning of all tools and equipment.
- Prepares for a rush period of work without falling behind incoming orders.
- Effectively communicates with other team members, including service and kitchen maintenance personnel.
- Able to provide relief for Sous Chefs while providing assistance in all kitchen areas and other duties as assigned.
- Recognizes and corrects any product discrepancies and variations in quality, standards and specifications.
- Demonstrate actions and behaviors that reinforce the Company’s mission, “Unconquered Vision, Unparalleled Service, Unlimited Future,” and values of Fast, Fun, Friendly, Fresh and Focused in all we do
- Exhibit conduct in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations and Seminole Tribe of Florida departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure prompt and discrete notification to management and/or the Ethics Hotline of any observation of illegal acts or internal ethics violations
- Show a commitment to ensuring responsible gaming and responsible alcohol service by discretely notifying appropriate management of concerns and observations
- Chinese culinary education preferred.
- Asian cooking experience preferred including Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Korean & Vietnamese cuisines
- Ability to use equipment necessary in preparing food, including cleavers, woks, knives, Oriental spoons and spatulas, steamers, roasters and deep fryers.
- Must be extremely organized and detail oriented
- Excellent at time management
- Exceptional coordinating skills
- Versed in cuisines of the world
- Possess experience in the direction of volume production
- Exceptional a la carte culinary knowledge from signature style restaurants is a plus
- Understanding and proficiency of costs and controls
- Must possess excellent people skills and teaching ability
- Knowledge and proficiency of ordering, scheduling, systems and administration
- Must have ability to motivate and inspire personnel
- Must prioritize proper storage strategies and sanitation
- Candidate must perform with cleanliness as a top priority
- Proven history to create a consistent quality food product
- Possess extensive experience in recipe creation
- Personable and friendly demeanor with professional appearance in immediate presence of guests
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma or GED equivalent. One (1) to Two (2) years of culinary experience in high volume Asian-themed free standing restaurant, large hotel, casino or resort.
One-year minimum experience in food preparation and food knowledge. Must be able to complete any classes or certifications required. Culinary degree is a plus.
- Understanding of Chinese, Thai , Malaysian, or Vietnamese cooking is a plus
- Ability to communicate in Chinese, Vietnamese, Thai, or Cantonese is a plus
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; frequently lift up to 50 pounds, talk and hear.
- Also required are frequent standing, walking, stooping, bending, reaching, climbing steps and sitting.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, color and peripheral vision.
- Exposure to gaming related environmental factors including, but not limited to, second hand smoke, excessive noise, high volume guest/employee contact in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the current job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change, (e.g. emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technical developments).