Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surveillance Technician (Hollywood)
at Seminole Gaming
- Position Type
- Full Time
- Security and Transportation
- Requisition ID
In addition to its two Seminole Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos, the Seminole Tribe owns and operates the five Seminole Casinos; in Coconut Creek and Hollywood, on the Southeast coast in Immokalee near Naples, on the Brighton Reservation north of Lake Okeechobee, and on the Big Cypress Reservation south of Lake Okeechobee.
The Seminole Tribe has long been recognized for innovation in its gaming and other businesses. It opened the first high-stakes bingo hall and casino in the United States in 1979. That facility was the forerunner of the Indian Gaming movement throughout North America.
Analysts believe today’s Seminole Tribe operates one of the most profitable gaming enterprises in the world. In March 2007, the Seminole Tribe of Florida acquired Hard Rock International, the first transaction of its kind by an Indian tribe. Hard Rock International is one of the most globally recognized music, entertainment, leisure and dining brands. It includes the world’s largest collection of authentic music memorabilia. The deal also includes licensing or franchise agreements for additional restaurants, hotels and Hard Rock Live performance venues.
This is highly responsible technical work in the continuous operation of the Surveillance Department of the Seminole Tribal Gaming Commission (STGC). The incumbent is responsible for maintaining and repairing the surveillance capital equipment as well as performing various special projects. Emphasis of the work is on assuring the maximum efficiency, coordination, reliability and integrity of the surveillance recording digital system. The individual exercises a high degree of initiative, judgment and professional knowledge in the overall operation of the Surveillance Technical Department. The incumbent applies system analysis techniques and procedures to determine and order hardware, software, or system based on functional specifications; or, in some cases, design, test or modify computer systems or programs based on user or design specifications. Supervision and general direction is received from the Property Surveillance Manager, Surveillance Technical Manager, and/or the Executive Director. This position reports directly to the Surveillance Technical Manager and is a non-exempt position.
- Coordinates with Surveillance Manager, Surveillance Technical Manager, and casino departments regarding installation and expansions.
- Orders Surveillance and Security parts and equipment and maintains tracking information.
- Maintains inventory of the Surveillance Technical Department.
- Installs cameras (housings and hardware) or any other field related equipment.
- Assists in the determination of camera location and position.
- Handles cabling installation and termination.
- Responsible for the programming of cameras in digital recording system, and assigning or creating a recording schedule for cameras as specified by Internal Control Standards (ICS).
- Responsible for the programming of Recording Servers, Raids, Encoders, and Network Switches and any other equipment essential to the continuous operation of the surveillance recording system.
- Responsible for the installation of workstation computers, monitors, keyboards, and any other equipment essential to the continuous operation of the Surveillance Monitor Room.
MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR OF SURVEILLANCE EQUIPMENT
- Replaces and/or repairs malfunctioned equipment housed in the Surveillance Department not essential to the continuous operation of the Surveillance Monitor Room (i.e. printers, radios, phones, etc.). Replaces and repairs Security recording equipment.
- Contacts vendor or manufacturer for replacement of parts and/or failed equipment, documents and tracks all equipment.
- Verifies equipment purchased and/or received; updates and maintains equipment log.
- Creates and adheres to a monthly maintenance schedule which consists of cleaning and repositioning of cameras to assure clear and unobstructed video recording, proper cleaning of Server Room, recording equipment, and Monitor Room equipment.
- Monitors equipment and replaces equipment as required and/or that has reached end of life. Updates and maintains an End of Life (Equipment) Log.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Composes weekly activity reports.
- Ensures Surveillance and Security Equipment is functioning at all times for continuous recording. Monitors servers, raids, workstations and cameras.
- Monitors and ensures Surveillance equipment, maintains current software licenses and service agreements, as well as updates all applicable maintenance records.
- Verifies recording and ensures retention standards are met at all times.
- Responds to communication via email in a timely manner.
- Adheres to all STOF policies and procedures. Adheres to the Rules and Regulations as set by the STGC and works within the guidelines of the ICS.
- Performs other work related duties as required or directed by Surveillance Manager, Surveillance Technical Manager, and/or the Executive Director.
Associate’s Degree in Electronics Engineering or equivalent work experience is required. A minimum of three (3) years of experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of technical investigative/surveillance equipment is required. Experience installing and maintaining security systems, running cable and working with networks, system processors, VCRS, DVRS, monitors, cameras, PTZ motor and gears and CCTV equipment is required. Ability to meet standards for a Key License and thereafter to pass random drug testing is required. Possession of a valid Florida Driver’s License and ability to travel to all STOF Reservations and facilities is a requirement. Must be able to work flexible schedules including, evenings, weekends and holidays and required to be on call during off scheduled hours as assigned or needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge in basic use of test equipment (i.e. multi-meter, toner / pickup, field cable tester).
- Knowledge of network wiring structured cabling and computers.
- Must possess excellent hand and power tool skills.
- Ability to read blueprints, architectural, mechanical and electrical documents.
- Ability to work independently as well as be a team player.
- Ability to safely operate Scissor Lift, One Man Lift, and Boom Lift.
- Ability to be on call for failed equipment and all other surveillance emergencies 24/7.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to complete installation within designated timeline.
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine resolutions of malfunctions in timely manner.
- Ability to communicate information in detail verbally and/or in written reports as requested.
- Ability to serve the STOF, the general public and fellow employees with honesty and integrity in accordance with established rules and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public, co-workers, STOF and STGC officials.
The position requires physical strength and agility sufficient to perform the assigned duties. Capable of lifting and/or carrying 50 lbs. Considerable manipulative skill and dexterity (reaching, bending, turning, and squatting) is required to assure the safe operation of the equipment and to safeguard nearby persons, property and moving traffic.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming’s employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Credit Check
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen
For a listing of all opportunities at Seminole Gaming, please go to www.gotoworkhappy.com.