Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
(Temp) Pool Server - Miami Music Week - Delano
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe. Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service. We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation. Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants, nightlife, retail and gaming, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Duties & Functions:
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest and resident relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Maintain complete knowledge of: table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of The Restaurant, all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant, the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list, all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation.
- O.S. and manual systems.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain up to date and accurate knowledge of all Food and Beverage
- Provide a genuine warm and caring service to guests
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
- Fold napkins.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to Restaurant.
- Set tables.
- Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic).
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
- Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads).
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
- Organize assigned station and ensure readiness prior to guest arrival.
- Review reserved tables and names of such; follow up on special arrangements for pre-assigned tables
- Review daily specials and maintain awareness of 86'd items throughout the shift.
- Maintain good communication with all team members and guests
- Perform all other duties as requested
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Enter and locate work related information using computers and/or point of sale systems
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
Licenses or Certificates
- Must have or obtain Food Handling Certification within 30 days of employment.
- Must have or complete TIPS Alcohol Training within 30 days of employment.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping