Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
VIP Host Person - SLS Brickell & SLS LUX Brickell Hotel
A global tribe of individuals, partners and progressives, devoted to creating extraordinary experiences for our community throughout our proprietary brands - we are sbe.
Visionaries at the forefront of hospitality, cuisine, design, residences and entertainment, our lifestyle moments are forged with highly-curated and passionate service.
We are committed to authenticity, sophistication, mastery and innovation.
Our stage is the world. Our time is now.
With this in mind, we foster a family environment built on values that describe our lifestyle, experiences and how we see the world. When you have a tribe such as ours and place it in and around the collection of accommodations, restaurants and nightlife, you create a force that cannot be replicated by anyone else. We are an equal opportunity employer.
VIP Hosts are responsible for booking tables and creating guest lists at the venue. The VIP Host is responsible for negotiating table minimums and seating tables during the shift at the appropriate table minimum established by management. Additionally, the VIP Host will be responsible for but not limited to numerous other marketing activities such as email blasts, hotel outreach, sector outreach, nightclub outreach, completing and maintaining a hotel book from assigned hotels, collecting business cards, booking happy hours, and meeting social media requirements. During the course of the nightclub shift, the VIP Host will interact with customers in a number of ways, including: seating customers according to the established venue table minimum schedule, answering questions about the venue and property and communicating minimums and special information about each table with the service team inside of the venue, and transferring tables late night to properly maintain energy throughout the shift. VIP Hosts are responsible for presenting themselves as a positive reflection of the venue while also marketing to potential customers.
Duties & Functions:
- Acts as an ambassador of the venue, marketing the venue and all products offered to the targeted customer base.
- Actively markets the venue through available social media outlets.
- Is aware of the impact individual behavior will have on the venue as a whole, presents oneself as a public relations agent at all times.
- Collects customer information for the venue database, while constantly striving to increase the size of personal clientele.
- Constantly provides customers with accurate information about the venue and property as well as entertainment offered in each.
- Constantly increasing knowledge of event and happenings inside of assigned hotel and sector of outreach as well as conventions, citywide conventions, and events.
- Has the ability to effectively communicate table minimums and cover charge with potential customers in a positive manor.
- Grows revenue by maximizing available space and upholding table minimums and cover charge at all times.
- Develops a strong relationship with marketing department, generating incremental business inside of the venue.
- Welcomes and entertains all customers to the venue professionally and courteously, according to the established venue sequence of service.
- Works with a sense of urgency to anticipate customer needs. Work with the same degree of urgency to assist other team members when the opportunity arises.
- Maintains knowledge of the venue floor plan and table numbers, seating the room evenly and consistently per venue management’s instruction.
- Communicates all relevant information to the service team, putting the service team in the best possible position to execute flawless service.
- Works with a high level of professionalism towards all customers, ensuring they will return to outlets
- Communicates with management, hosts and service staff immediately to rectify any and all customer needs and requests
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, to provide clear direction to the venue teams.
- Communicate with employees using a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate actions and provide accurate information.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency situations and/or heavy restaurant activity, serving as a role model for team and other employees. Interact with other department personnel and venue staff as needed.
- Make decisions and take actions based on previous experience and good judgment, sometimes revising procedures to accommodate unusual situations.
To be aware of and ensure constant compliance with all necessary operational policies including:
- Health and Safety
- Food Hygiene
- Emergency Procedures
- Liquor Licensing
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Attend mandatory meetings including divisional meetings, staff meetings, etc.
- Participate in community events and ensure corporate social responsibility goals of sbe are met.
- Utilize traditional software programs such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Micros, ADP, Open Table and any departmental specific systems used.
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Ensure confidential documents are kept in a secured area.
- When disposing confidential documents that contain any personally identifiable information, they must be shredded or pulverized.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the Department Head.
- Demonstrate positive leadership characteristics, which inspire Team Members to meet and exceed standards.
- Ensure compliance with sbe’s policies and procedures.
- Assimilate into sbe’s culture through understanding, supporting and participating in all sbe elements. Demonstrate working knowledge of the service standards.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by sbe from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- One to two years in a public contact position, preferably in an upscale or lifestyle brand hotel
- Must possess an in-depth working knowledge of social media marketing.
- Self-motivated, constantly striving to improve knowledge of marketing, and VIP Services.
- Must have an exceptional personality and hospitality-driven attitude
- Possess a gracious, friendly, and fun demeanor
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment and have high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments
- Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork
- Must be able to stand or walk a minimum eight-hour shift.
- Must be able observant and quick to respond to various situations while also multitasking and handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to twist, tow (push or pull), reach, bend climb and carry objects as necessary.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to read, write, speak and understand English.
- Must be able to work inside and outside at all times of the year as needed, based upon business volumes.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required when performing work duties that may have the potential of risk to your health or safety. The restaurant will provide the required PPE. Team members will be trained in the proper use and care of any assigned PPE. It is your responsibility to report defective, damaged or lost PPE, or equipment that does not fit properly, to your Manager.
- Requires ability to lift large and heavy packages and boxes and to the ability to load and unload small and large boxes as needed. Must have the ability to safely lift a minimum of 50 lbs. without assistance and to push and pull up to 150 lbs. with appropriate equipment.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
- Additional language ability preferred.
- The hospitality business functions seven days a week. In addition, this is a hospitality business and a hospitable service atmosphere must be projected at all times.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with sbe rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of the facilities. Employees who violate restaurant rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- This document reflects the job content at the time of writing and will be subject to periodic change in the light of changing operational and environmental requirements. Such changes will be discussed with the jobholder and the job description amended accordingly.