Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food and Beverage Supervisor
at Sonesta International Hotels Corporation
Job Description Summary
The Food and Beverage Supervisor assists the Food and Beverage Manager in directing and organizing all team members to deliver prompt, courteous service to maximize profits and guest satisfaction in all food and beverage outlets including restaurant, in room dining, and all bars.
- Key Job Functions
- Responsible for assigned shift, assisting in overall management.
- Order daily supplies.
- Follow up on established training steps.
- Handle guest comments and complaints.
- Ensure guest satisfaction.
- Stay on the floor during peak hours.
- Observe, teach, and correct staff's service.
- Examine food preparation.
- Examine beverage presentation.
- Maintain condition of F&B Outlets.
- Administrative responsibilities.
- Participate in interviewing new employees.
- Prepare maintenance requests and follow-up.
- Monitor cost control including but not limited to labor and payroll.
- Check bar controls, shot glass use, red lining, and bottles totally empty.
- Must be familiar with and adhere to all liquor liability laws:
- Dram Shop Act - Prohibiting the sale/service of alcohol to intoxicated guests.
- Prohibiting the sale or service of alcohol to minors.
- Must know emergency procedures (including CPR) and work to prevent accidents.
- Perform any other duties assigned by management.
- Hotel Specific Essential Functions:
- Ability to work as a server, bartender, host, IRD server to cover shifts as needed.
- Ability to lead by example. Prepare and conduct disciplinary situations with employees
- Ability to communicate clearly with all departments, being proactive to resolve issues.
- Ability to solve guest problems, recover the guest and create an amazing experience.
- Ability to open and close all outlets, to include the closing of the employees’ banks.
- Deliver Passionate & Engaging Service to our Guests
- You will be passionate and truly engaged in taking care of our guests, recognizing individual guests and anticipating their unique needs in order to exceed their expectations
- You will consistently deliver our GUEST model:
- Greet or welcome everyone, warmly with a smile
- Use eye and ear contact and guest’s name
- Establish/anticipate needs
- Solve and own all requests/complaints
- Thank everyone
- Build solid relationship with your Colleagues
- Treat colleagues with respect and dignity.
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. The employee is expected to work in other areas of the hotel when needed to assist operations to perform job duties not necessarily contained in this job description.
Qualifications and Skills
A candidate for this position must possess the following applicable knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to demonstrate and provide applicable examples to support his/her competency.
- Track record of delivering exceptional guest and client experience.
- Demonstrable expertise in analysis and action taking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to interact patiently, tactfully, and diplomatically with internal and external guests.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Additional Job Description
Welcome to Sonesta. These three simple words could open up a whole new world to you. Each of the hotels and resorts in the Sonesta Collection provides a unique experience unrivalled in the hotel industry. Sprung from the classic hoteliers of the mid-20th century, Sonesta enjoys a rich history celebrating over 75 years in hospitality. We offer a diverse and distinctive portfolio of nearly 60 properties across three continents, each providing an authentic visit delightfully reflecting the culture and personality of its destination.
We aspire to greet every Sonesta guest with a spirit of warmth and welcome, proudly exceeding our guests’ expectations. Those aspirations extend deep into the heart of our hotels – right into the lives of our employees. In fact, we consider ourselves more than a hotel management company - we’re a member of the communities we serve. At our core, we celebrate the individuality of everyone who walks through our doors. For our employees, that means we ensure they develop the skills and tools they need to do their job and exceed even their own expectations. We invite you to discover what you have been missing at Sonesta. Join us – we can’t wait to meet you!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, or any other characteristics required by law.
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
- Health Benefits (Health & Dental Insurance)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Sonesta Hotels & Other Outlets Discounts
- Paid Holidays
- Sick Days
- Educational Assistance
- Employee Recognition Programs
- Newborn & Adopted Child Leave
- Spousal & Domestic Partner Leave
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long term Disability
- Employee Referral Program
- Credit Union
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Activities & Events
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.
At Sonesta, we value our team members as individuals who enhance our guests’ experiences with their unique skills and contributions. We actively support professional growth and personal happiness in each of our employees at each of our hotels, resorts, suites and cruise ships. We seek out people who will eagerly partner with us to improve the overall Sonesta experience for our guests, and the overall Sonesta experience for their fellow colleagues. If you are interested in a career in some of the most impressive and beautiful surroundings in the world with generous benefits and perks, we hope you’ll get in touch with us.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.