Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Receiver (New Store Opening)
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Store Team Members
- Position Type
- Req ID
Do you like “hands on” work with a variety of products? Do you enjoy using your attention to detail for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our team at Sprouts Farmers Market!
Overview of Responsibilities
As the Receiver, you are the gatekeeper for a majority of our products that are brought to the locations from our vendors. Your attention to detail must be at a heightened level as you will receive all products for the store. You will be inspecting products for temperature (if perishable), shortages, overages, and damage; using simple mathematical operations and your organizing skills to properly manage the backroom storage. As the Receiver, you will be responsible for all functions and paperwork relating to the receiving duties and role. You must have the ability to work independently and the ability to communicate effectively with the Store team and third-party vendors. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast paced environment then we want to hear from you!
To be a Receiver at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age; possess a high school diploma or GED and 1-2 years receiving experience; or an acceptance combination of education and experience
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes with the business; including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have the ability to work independently yet have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other Team Members/Store leadership; you must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Have the ability to receive all product for the store, inspecting it for temperature (if perishable), shortages, overages, damage, and quality
- Knowledgeably communicate with service vendors, ability to understand proper retail receiving, ability to perform simple math operations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division) and have basic computer knowledge.
- This position requires moving/transferring products weighing up to 60lbs., from 5” to 56”, for up to 30 feet for up to 30 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Must use pallet jack to horizontally transfer product weighing up to 1000 lbs., requiring a force up to lbs., for a distance up to 15 feet for up to 40 hours
- Vision required for reviewing invoices and monitoring incoming product
- Maintain courteous relationship with drivers and vendors
- Follows Sprouts standards as they pertain to receiving practices and complies with all applicable health and sanitation procedures and adheres of safe work practices
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Is able to execute other duties as needed
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
Grow with us!
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.