Steward Medical Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Steward Medical Group
TITLE: Medical Secretary
JOB CODE: CCM-02306
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
REPORTS TO: Practice Administrator, Practice Manager, Office Manager
(Briefly describe the overall purpose of this position - Why does it exist and how does it contribute to the overall organization?)
To function as a member of the administrative team and complete all daily tasks to ensure smooth day to day operations in busy practice located in [enter town], MA.
(Use bullets for specific responsibilities)
• Answers, triages, and routes telephone calls appropriately; takes messages, follows through with each message, ensuring that the appropriate physician/staff member and received the information. Provides routine information to callers
• Prepares the daily schedules for the office, pulls and prepares the patient charts, ensuring that the proper chart has been selected and the appropriate paperwork has been attached to the chart (i.e., encounter form, etc.)
• Schedules patients' appointments and appropriate testing for patients as directed. Facilitates admissions to hospital
• Verifies information from patients including demographic and health insurance information
• Prepares documents for billing physician encounters; enters data, ensures that referrals are received, etc.
• Organizes and updates files, charts, and records
• Responsible for stocking of supplies and assists in ordering supplies
• Performs other duties as requested
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
(Examples: Ability to work independently and take initiative; Good judgment and problem solving skills; Communication skills; Interpersonal and organizational skills; Level of confidentiality)
• Experience with electronic medical record strongly preferred (Athena a plus)
• Experience with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook
• Some travel required within the market
• Education from approved medical administrative program or equivalent
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• 1 to 3 years of experience as a Medical Secretary
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.