Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Golf Professional - Streamsong Red/Blue
The Assistant Golf Professional (Pro) assists the Head Golf Professional with all golf shop activities and outside services operations and is responsible for ensuring that pass-holders, members, and guests receive outstanding customer service, which meets or exceeds their expectations. The Assistant Golf Pro is instrumental in organizing and implementing golf events, tournaments, outings, leagues, teaching clinics, and other golf programs designed to improve the Club’s products and services as well as its competitive position in the marketplace.
- Assist in implementing applicable company operating, human resources, and safety policies and procedures pertaining to golf shop and outside service activities. Ensure procedures are followed to open, close, and secure the golf shop and storage buildings.
- Handle cash flow in the golf shop, ensuring that cash and credit card charges balance with sales receipts in accordance with operating procedures.
- Monitor the performance of assigned staff including golf shop attendants, starters, rangers, and outside service staff to ensure customer service standards and productivity goals are achieved.
- Ensure that the golf shop, storage areas, cart shed, and grounds are maintained per company cleanliness and appearance standards. Maintain clean, presentable, and fully stocked merchandise displays.
- Assist in the preparation operating and capital budgets. Provide assistance with financial forecasts and analyzing budget variances as appropriate.
- Assist with physical inventory at month end in accordance with inventory procedures.
- Ensure accurate tracking of types and quantity of golf rounds played. Monitor customer preferences, usage patterns, and satisfaction with company products and services. Assess the quality of internal and external customer service and speed of play. Recommend plans for continued improvement.
- Interact with pass-holders, members, and guests in a congenial and professional manner.
- Maintain pleasant and professional telephone manner at all times. Schedule tee times and handle customer inquiries and complaints in accordance with operating policies and procedures.
- Plan and conduct individual and group lesson programs and golf clinics.
- Assist with organizing and implementing tournaments, group outings and special events. Ensure efficient operation and coordination of golf shop, cart service, and other services as applicable.
- Be fully knowledgeable of golf shop merchandise. Sell merchandise and provide suggestions to patrons as appropriate to meet their needs.
- Assist with organizing and maintaining ancillary services such as the handicapping system, membership programs, and driving range facilities.
- Assure the efficient and timely submission of all required reports.
- Perform additional duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: Bachelor’s degree, preferred. PGA apprentice or better, preferred.
Experience: Minimum one year experience in the golf or hospitality industry preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Demonstrated experience and capability in the areas of retailing, marketing and sales, customer service, and guest relations preferred. Demonstrated quality written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to analyze and solve problems, efficiently handle multiple duties under pressure with minimal supervision, work flexible hours as required including nights and weekends. Must present self in a positive and professional manner and appearance in all situations. Must also be able to read and write English.
Interstate Hotels & Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please call (703) 387-3888 or email ADA.Assistance@interstatehotels.com with the nature of your accommodation request and include the Hotel location and title of the job opening. Please allow one (1) business day for a reply.