Sunrise Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Activities Assistant / Life Enrichment Manager
at Sunrise Senior Living
- Location : Name
- Sunrise of West Essex NJ
- Location : Address
- 47 Greenbrook Road
- Location : City
- Location : State/Province (Full Name)
- New Jersey
- Sunrise Leader
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Evaluates resident's interest and involvement in Life Skill
- Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident's unique needs and abilities
- Engages residents in Life Skills throughout the day and evening
- Assist in maintaining an inventory of Life Skills programming supplies
- As applicable, assist residents with daily care of any animals and/or plants as part of the Life Skills program and services.
- One (1) year experience working with memory impaired seniors
- High School diploma / GED accepted and may be required per state regulations; certification(s) may be required per state regulations
- Ability to motivate, encourage residents; knowledge of how to adapt life skills to the cognitive and functional ability of each resident
- Inspire, motivate and encourage volunteers and fellow team members to engage residents in meaningful, purposeful activities throughout the day and evening
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Possess written and verbal skills for effective communication
- Competent in organizational & time mgmt skills
- Demonstrates good judgment, problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to make responsible choices, decisions and act in a resident's best interest
- Ability to work semi-independently without direct supervision by following community procedures and guidelines, ability to follow through on assigned tasks
- Basic proficiency in computer skills, Microsoft Office with the ability to learn new applications.
Sunrise maintains a safe and drug-free work environment and all offers of employment with Sunrise are conditioned on submitting to and successfully completing and passing a background check and drug test.
Make a Difference Every Day
We are passionate about our mission — to champion quality of life for all seniors. We deliver high-quality care with a personal touch and encourage our residents to enjoy life to the fullest.
The care-focused environment we create for residents extends to our team members. We offer programs, rewards, and benefits to help you live your best.
We believe potential has no limits. We offer best-in-class leadership development programs designed to grow our leaders. We are committed to helping our team members achieve their career goals.