Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Retail Market Manager I-IV - Fort Lauderdale (Rio Vista), FL
Primary LocationFt Lauderdale, SFederal (FL01) - FL156
Accountable for the growth of a Synovus retail market and management of a team and portfolio typically with loans and deposits less than $30MM. Actively involved in business development efforts, primarily in small business lending, deposit acquisition, and customer retention. Effectively builds personal relationships with customers, prospects and team members and is passionate about strengthening the community as a market leader. Invests time in coaching and development of team for overall branch profitability. Executes sales and marketing strategies for the branch. Responsible for hiring and building an effective branch team and modeling the Synovus values. Maintains prescribed security controls.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all the functions and team members of a small full service branch. Accountable for the overall branch success, including branch profitability, sales, customer service and support, and team development. Branch typically handles loans and deposits < $30 MM.
- Develops and maintains a quality, diversified loan portfolio, including various types of loan programs: consumer, small business and real estate. May delegate the majority of consumer lending activities to branch sales team. Adheres to established loan policies and procedures.
- Uses Synovus sales management tools to proactively identify, retain and deepen current relationships, as well as identify and develop prospective clients/centers of influence. Effectively prepares for sales and customer calls to add value and strengthen personal relationships. Serves as the primary contact for small business relationships within designated market. Heavily involved in outside calling activities to small business owners. Effectively uses Business Partners such as private wealth , financial planning, commercial banking and other line-of-business segments to strategize and develop comprehensive banking relationships.
- Inspires the team to model the Synovus brand and values. Effectively networks to recruit top talent. Coaches and develops branch team in areas such as sales management, customer service, and compliance with company policies. Holds quality conversations with individual team members when discussing performance and development. Actively engages in the performance management process. May delegate the management of branch team.
- Protects the assets of the bank by aggressively managing credit quality and minimizing losses. Reviews risk management reports and coaches team on risk-related and/or quality issues. Maintains prescribed security controls to protect the facility against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risks of exposure.
- Creates and maintains the branch business plan and/or sales activity plan. Directs sales and customer service activities for a variety of financial products and services. Deploys resources to optimize individual and team performances.
- Responsible for monitoring branch compliance with bank policies, procedures and operational integrity, and explanations of local programs, policies and objectives in partnership with Regional Operations Manager.
- Directs the coordination and communication of sales, marketing, and product initiatives within the branch.
- Coaches and develops branch team in assessing customer needs and maximizing sales opportunities through direct sales and referrals to business partners within other areas of the company.
- Actively involved and engaged in the community in a leadership capacity and seen by the community as a market leader. Finds ways to add value, connect others and strengthen designated community.
- Establishes short-term department goals to achieve functional area objectives. Implements new policies and procedures.
- Each team member is expected to be aware of risk within their functional area. This includes observing all policies, procedures, laws, regulations and risk limits specific to their role. Additionally, they should raise and report known or suspected violations to the appropriate Company authority in a timely fashion.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Achieving Goals: Focuses efforts on results that matter; builds enthusiasm for the organization's goals; demonstrates a passion for producing top quality work; handles high priority tasks with a sense of urgency.
- Driving Change: Effectively manages the communication process surrounding change; advocates with team members to embrace the benefits of change; follows up and drives change efforts through to completion; provides team members with the support they need to handle change.
- Building an Effective Team: Attracts, selects, and retains talented team members in his/her branch; uses clear and objective action plans with team members to drive development; provides regular coaching and feedback to improve performance; creates strong morale and spirit on his/her team by sharing wins and successes.
- Business Development: Demonstrates a proficient knowledge of products and services to customers; uses effective selling techniques with customers; expands the organization via new businesses; closes sales effectively.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrates well-rounded business and industry knowledge; displays sound financial understanding of the key profit driver; knows how businesses work and the competition; thinks holistically and identifies systemic solutions to problems.
- Communicating: Communicates clearly and effectively in a concise and straightforward manner; adapts communication style to the audience and situation; openly shares information and keeps people updated; listens patiently and asks questions to clarify others' point of view.
- Customer Focus: Demonstrates a passion for exceptional customer service; anticipates and responds to changing customer needs; leads others to deliver outstanding customer service; champions company standards associated with superior customer service.
- Initiative: Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself; delegates effectively and to the right level; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; self starter to seize opportunities as they arise.
- Building Relationships: Builds strong personal networks with team members, customers and community; values diversity in people and viewpoints; breaks down silos and builds trust across business units; leverages the knowledge and skills of others.
- Job Knowledge: Shares knowledge willingly with others; demonstrates insight into the industry, the market, and competitors; demonstrates a strong work ethic and high performance.
Synovus is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
- Experience working as a manager at a large financial institution or prior experience in a business development role within banking or finance such as business banker, mortgage, or private wealth
- Recipient of sales awards; current and past leadership roles within community, such as local chamber or non-profit boards
- Bachelor's degree in business, accounting, finance or banking
Minimum Experience: One (1) experience in a supervisory role in banking of similar scope and scale and (2) years banking or retail sales experience in a goal-oriented environment -- or -- One (1) year experience in an outside business development lending role within banking such as a business banker or private banker
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to coach, inspire, develop and lead a team to achieve results
- Knowledge of federal, state and other banking regulations
- Knowledge of businesses and small business banking products including lending, deposits and investment areas
- Strong sales/outside business development and small business credit/underwriting skills
- Proven self starter that can effectively prioritize and adapt to change
- Active involvement in local community organizations
- Strong aptitude for effective problem-solving
Certification(s): This position requires successful registration and issuance of a unique identification number from the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) in compliance with the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (SAFE ACT). Registration must be accomplished within an established timeframe after initial employment and includes a nationwide finger print check.