Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electric Power Utility Sales Manager - Southeastern US
at Tampa Armatures Works, Inc.
South Eastern US Electric Power Utility Sales Manager wanted with an innovative and proactive approach to lead successful growth in the Utility and Energy Market.
Location of this position is flexible throughout Georgia and Florida.
Familiar with all aspects of electrical & mechanical preventive and continuous maintenance practice, the ability to prepare a quote, coordinate a job/project and assist the sales people with sales of all TAW’s services.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and sales plans to drive revenue growth for the utility and energy services business in the South Eastern US.
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by teams for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiates, coordinates and developments action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Assists Sales Representatives to penetrate the power utility accounts in the South Eastern United States.
- Leads sales meetings with sales personnel to track quotation activity, follow up & close rates.
- Manage the activities of the direct reports as required.
- Personally manages certain pre-determined strategic accounts and is responsible for their own personal sales and profit goal.
- Working with internal sales application personnel providing timely, accurate, competitive pricing on all completed prospect applications submitted for pricing and approval, while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Assists Sales Personnel in preparation of proposals and presentations.
- The ability to strategically place job requirements into an effective quotation.
- Follow-up on all quotes in a timely manner (3-days).
- Recruits, tests, and hires Sales Personnel based on criteria agreed upon by senior management.
- Possesses and/or build personal and professional relationships with new and current customers.
- Develops account management plan to ensure proactive customer account management.
- Interface with higher levels of management and engineers making a financial/technical sell of our comprehensive services, diverse products, and capabilities to the Utility market.
- Successfully sells TAW’s core businesses of products and services including rewinding motors & generators, custom electrical manufacturing, and power distribution services.
- Deliver profitable revenue growth across utility business segments meeting operating plan requirements.
- Stay updated with industry and competitive trends.
- Identify new product and services opportunities.
- Be familiar with our client’s technical and commercial needs to become a partner and reliable resource for them.
- Provide feedback to operations managers on electrical and mechanical competing price levels.
- Provides good documentation of all job walks (verbal, electronic, writing etc.).
- Visit customers with the general sales force to discuss the technical aspects of the job.
- Maintain a customer service mentality.
- Conducts regular coaching and counseling with Sales Personnel to build motivation and selling skills.
- Observe all safety procedures and policies and use proper protective equipment (especially eye, ear protection and steel toe shoes/boots, gloves, etc.)
- All other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering desired, but will consider practical experience in the same type of role in the same or similar industry.
- Consideration given for marketing management experience for similar companies to the utility industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of the TAW® core businesses of rewinding motors & generators, custom electrical equipment manufacturing, and new electrical equipment sales.
- Possesses the ability to interface with decision makers and continue the growth of relationships with established and new customers.
- Proven record of successfully selling to the Utility and Power Generation industry.
- Possesses solid customer service and problem solving skills and effectively resolve customer disputes. With the ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Has the ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and customers.
- Strong written, communication, interpersonal, and influential skills.
- Travel to customer sites as required in the Southeastern US.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals and reports.
- Ability to work with a computer: excel, word, adobe etc. Using these skills to write reports and other documents as needed.
- Can define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets