TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Receptionist - Renaissance Charter at Planation
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Understands role as CSUSA Representative as evidenced within:
- Leads by example in adherence and knowledge of the CSUSA and school’s Vision, Mission and Values demonstrated by his/her commitment to act in an ethical manner using behaviors that promote a team concept.
- Follows through on duties and projects assigned.
- Participates in and completes training programs successfully offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignments.
- Reviews current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
- Follows company policies, and federal and state laws.
- Ensures adherence to good safety procedures.
- Consults directly with CSUSA personnel when applicable.
Front office responsibilities
- Greets and directs walk-in traffic providing general information and making referrals to offices and services as appropriate.
- Answers phone inquiries by providing general information and/or connecting calls to offices and services as appropriate.
- Maintains a master guide of activities, events, and related information for the school.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks which may include scheduling and maintaining records of school activities, tracking student attendance, check-in/check-out of supplies and materials, photocopying, typing, data input, sorting mail, making up file folders, and/or transmitting/receiving fax documents and email.
- Schedules appointments and meetings, which may include reserving conference rooms and facilities, organizing materials, sending out meeting notices, arranging for catering services, and maintaining calendars.
- Responds to telephone requests for specific materials to be mailed and assists with mailing general school information to parents.
- Responds to telephone and written requests for school information.
- Maintains confidentiality of records as appropriate.
- Serves as liaison for administrators and teachers.
- Ensures Front Office is organized and information sheets for parents are stocked.
- Maintains inventory of office supplies, ordering from outside vendors or bookstores, as needed within available budget with direction from Principal or Business Administrator.
- Provides passes to students as appropriate.
- Orients and situates substitute teachers.
- Calls parents on waiting list when an opening at the school arises.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Has the ability to work and interact with individual at all level of the organization.
- Has the ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Has the ability to prepare comprehensive business reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business documents.
- Has the ability to establish a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Has the ability to consistently be at work, be on time, follow instructions, respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Demonstrates proficient use of computer software – Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint); Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
- Possesses good knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Possesses detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to remain calm in fast paced environment.
- No physical exertion required.
- Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual school working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt under the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this position description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by the Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Experience working in a school office setting highly desired.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent organization, time management, and follow up skills.
- Must be able to present a professional office with great customer service skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and be able to collaborate with others, while helping to maintain a pleasant working environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Bilingual a plus, but not required.
- Understanding of and commitment to company values.
- Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
- Ability and willingness to take directions.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strives to implement best practices and positive character education consistently.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.