TC Howe Community High School
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at TC Howe Community High School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop individual, small group, and large group academic lesson plans appropriate for students in the program
Teach and evaluate academic lessons.
Support individual and group social-emotional learning.
Help students develop positive attitudes toward learning and studying.
Help students develop self-confidence, raise self-concept, and reduce anxiety of fear of failure in academic work.
Assist students in achieving a better understanding of specific subject material and in improving academic capabilities in designated areas.
Help students develop the study skills necessary for academic success.
Be responsible for maintaining records on each student who is being tutored, including follow-up and periodic assessment. Keep a daily running record of student response and progress. Submit records to Project Director weekly.
Collect and record program evaluation (Pre/Posttests, report cards, etc.) information as assigned.
- Submit all administrative paperwork, such as time sheets, lesson plans, and reports, correctly and on time.
- Ensure that confidentiality of records and information is maintained at all times.
- Participate in training as assigned. Continually enhance and develop one’s own professional skills through participation in internal training programs.
- Immediately report any unusual incidents, and all dangerous and or potentially dangerous acts, involving individuals using services to immediate supervisor. Report suspect child abuse according to Act and agency policy. Familiarize self with Child Protective Services Law and agency policy on child abuse and immediately inform supervisor of any suspicious observation of abuse.
- Follow other job-related duties as assigned by the Program Director.
Provide a Classroom Environment Conducive to Learning
- Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students.
- Maintains positive rapport with students; demonstrates patience and appropriate nurturing to assist in the growth of the child.
- Ensures classroom is clean, safe and includes student generated work on display as appropriate. Implements all relevant policies governing student conduct.
- Develops reasonable rules of classroom/playground behavior in accordance with CSUSA policy and guidelines, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and consistent manner.
**MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and the mission of the company; support the company’s values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively.
- Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and administrative Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
- Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and helpful.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Strives to implement best practices and positive character education consistently.
- Minimum two years college education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Previous experience working with children and adolescents in academic and/or recreational afterschool
- Computer related skills and ability to work with computer-assisted learning software.
- Ability to work with students and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition,
- Knowledge in basic level and upper level math; and algebraic
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of the environment the employee will encounter:
- Usual school working conditions.
- May be noisy during high student traffic.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy.
- Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.