The Fresh Market
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Fresh Market
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Talent Areas
- Front End Department
- Postal Code
- Position Type
Courtesy clerks assist in the quick and efficient checkout service of our guests by ensuring the proper bagging of groceries at the checkout stand and providing carry out service. They conduct price checks, take “return” products back to proper shelf locations, and help maintain store shelves by cleaning and fronting products. They also gather shopping carts from parking lots, sweep and mop floors, assist in the prompt cleanup of spills and other general housekeeping duties.
- Merchandising and stocking a variety of the front end’s products and specialty items throughout the day per specific guest requests and to maintain quality product levels all while ensuring outstanding guest service on the produce floor.
- Demonstrate the ability to be organized, to work independently and with the team to provide the highest quality shopping experience, all while maintaining the overall appearance of the front end; ensuring all carts are organized and brought in from the parking lot for guest use.
- Quality and safety duties include receiving, inspecting and storing products to ensure quality, following proper cleaning and sanitation procedures, operating equipment in a safe and focused manner while tracking date and rotation of products and completing any necessary reports as necessary. Follow all company guidelines and procedures, to include but not limited to, safety and sanitation and preparation while providing overall exceptional service to ensure a positive and lasting guest impression. Ensuring all bathrooms are cleaned by washing, rinsing, and sanitizing all equipment, and washing floors. Adhere to all local, state, and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Observe all store rules and Company policies, shift operating hours at all times as scheduled or assigned by Store Manager. Must wear approved hat or hair net.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Addressing and greeting guests; answering questions in a friendly manner, proactively offering assistance and providing accurate and timely information, making product/ service recommendations and accommodating special requests
- Being able to listen to others' points of view and recognizing and appreciating differences
- Properly handle, prepare, transport and store products; ensuring practices are strictly adhered to
- Prioritizing requests and department activities while managing interruptions and attending to details to complete tasks within deadlines is a must
- Utilize training resources and fellow team members to educate self and others about product uses and characteristics
- Have knowledge of products used throughout the store and works across departments to provide and assist guests in finding complete meal solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (Must be able speak English proficiently)
- Must be at least 16 years of age (depending on state employment laws)
What you bring to the job:
- Organization and highly detailed oriented
- Ability to prioritize
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- A LOVE of food
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior guest focus
- Be a team player, goal-oriented
- Excellent time management
- Ability to perform in an intense, fast paced environment
Work Environment/Physical Responsibilities
- Work involves continuous interaction with guests and co-workers in a fast-paced environment
- Typical motions include repetitive hand and arm movements, repetitive grasping, bending and reaching
- Responsible for moving or lifting an average of 5 – 20 pounds with a maximum weight lifted of 50 pounds occasionally
- Exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, freezer, outdoors, etc.)
- Will be required to spend the majority of time on his or her feet and stand or walk without a break for up to 4 hours