The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ACCOUNT ANALYST, CDCR (CA)
at The Geo Group
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: J3T3DN6YV4DJJJZTJ01
Categories: Consulting Services
Facility: REENTRY SERVICES ADMIN
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
- This position is independently responsible for reviewing and analyzing accounting, invoicing and forecasting processes for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) facilities. This position provides direct accounting support to management as well as oversight and indirect support to Program Managers and business office staff.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews and reconciles incoming payments and invoices to ensure payment terms are being adhered to.
- Ensures compliance with accounting policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Analyses monthly budgets and forecasts compared to actual results and researches and provides explanation for variances.
- Maintains a log of vendor and client invoices and payments to produce monthly reports of outstanding payments and collection activities.
- Compiles, summarizes, and provides reports, budgets, and monthly analyses of expenditures to Program Managers.
- Works with Program Managers and business office staff to review and reconcile results of expense allocations.
- Prepares invoices for the individual contracts with detailed review.
- Analyses and makes recommendations for financial results related to operational development.
- Contacts clients to correct discrepancies in payments and invoices.
- Maximizes spend within contractual guidelines to optimize revenue performance.
- Makes recommendations to address contractual problems.
- Ensures compliance with the “Line Item Budget Guide” policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Responds to questions and inquiries from the client, Program Managers, or corporate staff.
- Manages relationship with the client to negotiate payment disputes and discrepancies.
- Completes requests in a timely manner.
- Manages supplemental invoice process to ensure timely payment remittance.
- Travels to various sites as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, or Finance.
- Four (4) years progressive experience in a finance-related role with budget preparation and control or administration of government contracts.
- Ability to work successfully with a high degree of independence and minimal direction.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and resolve the questions and issues that arise as a result of completing daily work activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to interact with Program Managers and business office staff in the field to resolve questions and problems.
- Demonstrated exposure working with standard concepts, practices and procedures applied in an analysis capacity.
- Experience with Essbase/Smartview, and accounting systems a plus.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with strong Excel skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!