The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DIR, CORP FACILITY MAINTENANCE
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position develops and provides administrative oversight for the regional maintenance programs. In addition, it serves as a mentor and subject matter expert for the more complex maintenance activities throughout the regions.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Implements and monitors the inspection of the organization’s maintenance program ensuring facility physical plants are properly maintained.
- Oversees the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Performs periodic audits to ensure that the maintenance practices comply with current policies and applicable state, federal and local regulations.
- Develops and monitors maintenance budgets.
- Assists in developing capital expenditure budgets.
- Develops and implements an effective maintenance program for each region. Ensures that each region receives maintenance program related training.
- Monitors and follows-up with all work to ensure the safety of the building’s occupants and the continuous operation of the facilities.
- Indirectly supervises the Facility Maintenance Managers within the regions. Participates in the selection process for Regional Facility Management staff.
- Provides training and coaching for management and supervisory personnel on maintenance and safety issues, relating to the workplace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in applicable field and ten (10) years related experience. (A combination of education and work experience may be taken into consideration at management’s discretion.)
- Must be familiar with preventive maintenance and facility maintenance software systems and posses working knowledge of all buildings elements including roofing, mechanical; electrical, HVAC, and plumbing. Systems will include boilers, chillers, cooling towers, electrical, refrigeration systems, pneumatics, pumping systems, generators/emergency power, energy management, building automation, computerized maintenance management, life safety, fire alarm, sprinkler, security electronics, CCTV and vertical lift systems.
- Demonstrated ability to set-up and monitor a facility maintenance program for corporation with over fifty (50) facilities nationwide totaling 10,000,000 square feet.
- Demonstrated ability to work with various corporate departments and onsite facility staff and oversee the preparation and consistent update of maintenance logs and records.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, schedule, staff, train, and mentor diverse audiences.
- Ability to monitor and benchmark facility maintenance costs, and utility costs.
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time with frequent overnight stays.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.