The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, National Vocational Programs
at The Geo Group
Facility: CONTINUUM OF CARE
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for developing, implementing and directing the continued and improved operations of new and existing vocational programs in inmate or detainee facilities. In addition, it ensures that programs are implemented and operated according to contractual requirements and evidence-based practices. It also assists the Divisional Vice President, Programs with other operational issues.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, expand and manage all aspects of vocational education programs including review and analysis of program audits, program outcome measures, and studies.
- Evaluates classroom instructional techniques and suggests methods for improvement based on evidence-based practices.
- Assists with new program implementation including training, curriculum design and integration of evidence-based practices into new program operations.
- Develops assessment tools to assist management in understanding whether new evidence-based programs are effective with recidivism.
- Works closely with the Director of Contract Compliance to compile, review and analyze audit results, identify issues and develop, implement and monitor initiatives put in place to increase program effectiveness.
- Formulates plans and policies for educational programming and submits them to the senior management for
- Confers with members of industrial and business communities to determine nationally recognized certification routes.
- Provides short-term assistance to facility program personnel in need of operational support including coaching and mentoring with management techniques and strategies.
- Reviews program initiatives and suggests best practice enhancements to maintain the Company’s competitive edge.
- Provides assistance with program design for vocational programs to the Proposals and Business Development Department for use in marketing and responses to RFPs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Criminal Justice, Social Services or related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience management experience in a vocational capacity. Experience with adult learners preferred.
- Must be knowledgeable of National Center for Construction Education and Research(NCCER), department of education frameworks, and American Correctional Association (ACA) standards which relate to vocational programs.
- Understanding of evidence base practices (EBP) and all aspects of prison programming, including academic education, vocational training, substance abuse, behavioral programming, religion, recreation and case management.
- Ability to travel frequently with overnight stays.
- Valid state driver’s license and the ability to safely operate a motor vehicle to travel to field offices for audits.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.