The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position provides foundational systems and technology support for applications affecting the Human Resources department and includes project support, analytics/reporting, system configuration/analysis/administration, issue resolution, process improvement and data integration. As an entry level HRIS position, this role should understand basic Human Resource procedures, practices and policies while possessing an inquisitive, technical, self-starter and high customer service acumen.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews HRIS team Inbox (service requests), responds or resolves requests or escalates requests to proper HRIS resource and follows-up with resource or requester to ensure resolution of requests.
- Attains the knowledge to perform all application auditing and, following standard HRIS processes, distributes results to designated recipients. Follows-up with audit recipients to ensure audit deficiencies are addressed. Escalates issues as required.
- Attains understanding of tables, data structures, application usage and system administration responsibilities of the key HR systems in order to provide query generation and interpretation to HR reporting stakeholder community. Understands how follow-up questioning will facilitate better customer support by delivering the “right data”, which indicates a thorough understanding on how business uses these key applications.
- Monitors and addresses failures in data integration activities, elevating issues that need to be resolved by senior HRIS staff and communicating failures to business users depending on the integrations.
- Serving as a resource on HRIS projects, creates configuration requirements documentation (CRDs), gap analysis, technical and functional design specifications, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT) documentation in addition to other activities necessary to support the project.
- Develops comprehension of GEO’s Human Resources entities usage of applications and recommends opportunities for increased performance, based on knowledge of applications’ capabilities, including new features released during upgrades.
- Understands HRIS processes and products to develop improvement opportunities within the HRIS team that continue evolving HRIS into a value-added unit.
- Works with vendors or other external resources to resolve application issues.
- Works with HRIS senior staff to develop, execute and document application test plans.
- Establishes and maintains current system/user documentation, data architecture/dictionary, workflow and other technology-related documents following HRIS retention practices.
- May develop data mapping and conversion plans.
- May recommend business process changes to which improve efficiencies.
- May develop application and process training, while also conducting end-user training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources with a concentration in HRIS and 2 years of experience in data analysis or systems analysis in an HR functional capacity. An additional 3 years of direct experience in data or systems analysis for a total of 5 years of experience may substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
- Two (2) years of system administration experience with an HRIS preferred.
- Proven strong ability to generate queries in tools such as Access, SQL or Showcase.
- Proven strong ability in utilization of MS Office tools, such as Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
- Proven analytical skills and initiative that resulted in process improvements, increased technology usage, predictive data analytics or other operational efficiencies.
- Proven ability to solve problems, multi-task, work independently and communicate effectively.
- Prior experience within a Human Resources department strongly preferred.
- Must be able to utilize a high degree of confidentiality when exposed to PHI, PII and/or sensitive data.
- Preference for certifications in project management, lean six sigma, human resource information professional (HRIP), professional in human resources (PHR/SPHR) and/or business intelligence / data analytics.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.