The Geo Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Geo Group
Facility: South Bay Correctional & Rehabilitation Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Under direct supervision, performs daily office clerical tasks such as filing, recording, maintaining records, copying, posting, and other similar duties. Clerks may be used in various departments and perform similar duties related to the specific function being supported. May be required to perform the duties of a Corrections Officer by overseeing and maintaining the custody, care, and control of inmates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Answers phones and takes messages.
- Maintains moderately complex indexes and files
- Types correspondence, reports and other materials as required.
- May operate an adding machine, calculator, telex terminal, copy machine, or any other office machine requiring no previous training.
- In performance of other duties, communicates with a computer through a terminal for information retrieval and data entry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED certificate.
- Demonstrated experience in office procedures and related clerical duties.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to work with a team of inmates and have the ability to implement team strategy approaches to work assignments.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions; to make minor decisions in accordance with rules and regulations as they apply to work problems; to maintain company records; and to meet and deal effectively with the public and inmates.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.