The Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bartender- Traymore by Michael Schwartz
at The Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach is proud to collaborate with the award-winning chef, Michael Schwartz. The cuisine at Traymore by Michael Schwartz combines Schwartz’ passion for fresh, clean Floridian flavours and bright, Southeast Asian influences.
Michael Schwartz’s menu celebrates in-season, local ingredients, in line with COMO’s award-winning restaurants worldwide which embrace sustainable sources and pay homage to the flavours of our different locations. To each dish, Michael adds sophisticated Asian nuances, which also speak to COMO’s roots, with hotels and restaurants in Singapore, Thailand and Indonesia. The menus at Traymore therefore become a perfect reflection of COMO’s heritage, along with Michael’s commitment to healthy, yet flavorful cooking, delivered with accurate and intuitive service.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- The utmost priority for this position is to deliver guests an unforgettable experience as per COMO service standards.
- Greets customers warmly and takes food and beverage order at the Traymore or Pool Bar; providing information about products and achieve up-selling.
- Follows recipes directions for mixing beverages.
- Collects payments and operates cash registers for drinks and/or food served following company established cash handling policies and procedures for all transactions; secures your cash bank at the end of each shift.
- Follows alcohol training and procedures in preventing guest intoxication and underage consumption, as well as following all applicable compliance regulations.
- Ensures a clean, sanitized and well stocked bar.
- Under the direction of the restaurant & bar manager, provide a prompt and efficient service in a friendly, helpful manner.
- Bar must look tidy at all times during opening time and follow proper closing procedures to prepare for next shift.
- To be responsible for the beverage stock and prevention of wastage.
- Opening and closing duties.
- To maintain a high standard of cleanliness as per local state laws and company standards.
- Carry out assignments allocated by the Restaurant & Bar Managers as needed.
- Integrity, honesty and strong work ethics are required.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, kneeling or crouching.
- Must be able to reach overhead and below the knees; including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 30 pounds without assistance.
- Required 2 year experience minimum in an upscale or luxury setting in mixology, or bar experience.
- Should be able to read, write and communicate in Basic English.
- Attention to details and excellent customer service attitude.
- Must be of age to serve alcohol by law.
- The bartender must be an expert in spirits, liqueurs and cocktails.