The Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cluster Reservations Manager
at The Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach
The Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach is looking for a Reservations Manager, who will be responsible for the following:
Manage the day to day running of the Reservation Department by developing specific goals, policies and strategies for the department which shall be implemented through correct planning, organizing and training, while also ensuring that high standards, quality and maximum profitability is aimed for at all times.
This position will be hotel based in Miami, and will be part of a pre-opening team.
- To monitor standards in Reservation Department to include the handling of telephone calls and emails from external and internal clients
- Maintain and update guest history data as and when necessary
- Ensure that daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed accurately and distributed in a timely manner
- Prepare Travel Agent commission reports and liaise with the Accounts department for payment processing
- To monitor and organize the Reservation filling system with the most updated information
- Maintain an accurate record of all contracted companies and travel agents (independent agents, consortia, preferred, tour operators, wholesalers) including rates, promotions and credit facilities
- Responsible for reviewing email replies to ensure accuracy of information
- Ensure that all reservations are entered in Opera PMS with all the relevant guest requests, billing instructions and traces
- Ensure that hotel availability is updated on all distribution channels (PMS, GDS, WEB and TPW) to maximize sales opportunities
- Ensure that rates are loaded and bookable in all systems (Opera, Synxis and Third Party websites)
- Check room availability report to see any high occupancy or overbooking and to bring to the attention of the Front Office Manager or General Manager. To provide such information and inform all concerned to ensure smooth flow of reservation received
- Ensure that payment for all reservations are received within the terms & conditions of the hotel and rate booked and that deposits and full payments are received prior to guest arrival
- Update the three month forecast weekly and submit to the relevant distribution list with a commentary that allows us to understand the current trends better
- Attend weekly revenue meetings and communicate all information necessary to decide on plan of action and selling strategies
- Be knowledgeable about our competitors and analyse the market trends frequently to ensure we are placed well within our competitor set to maximize revenue
- Analyse pick up trends and implement selling strategies to maximize revenue
- Place restrictions whenever necessary and ensure inventory is frequently updated on all channels.
- Ensure that rates and availability, rate sequencing and descriptions are accurate on all electronic channels
- Control room availability and rate structure and work together with Sales and Marketing to ensure the highest yield possible
- Participate in sales activities as and when required ensuring the Reservations team is kept informed of all promotions within the property and all COMO Hotels and Resorts.
- Evaluate operations and suggest improvements for Travel Agents performance to the Front Office Manager or General Manager
- Managed on duty rotation, and other duties as directed by management.
- Must be strategic, analytical, have solid business acumen, and excellent communication skills
- Minimum three years experience of Reservations and Revenue Management in a hotel setting
- A Hospitality Management Degree qualification is preferred, however, not required
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Able to learn and perform all essential job functions accurately and safely
- Strong computer skills, prior experience and knowledge in OPERA operating system preferred.