Tribune Content Agency
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Tribune Content Agency
- Requisition ID
- Sales/Advertising - Management
- Position Type
In print and online, the Sun Sentinel reaches 1.1 million readers each week in the South Florida area, making us the region’s most widely read source of news and information. As we continue building our exciting digital future, it’s our mission to serve our community by delivering the truth every day, engaging our readers and driving results for our advertisers.
Sun Sentinel is seeking a Sales Trainer who can leverage their previous sales experience to mentor and develop our sales representatives into enterprise-grade sellers. You will take ownership of each seller’s performance while working closely with our corporate training team to execute our sales playbook and training program. Scope for this position includes sales team training, new employee onboarding, and communication to the organization on strategic initiatives and tools. You may also contribute to content creation that is used across Tribune. The local media industry faces strategic challenges; thus candidates should be comfortable with high pressure and rapid change. This position is ideal for someone that has a successful track record in sales, proven ability to work well in the trenches, and a passion for media.
- Determine specialized training needs by observing selling events, reviewing sales analysis/reporting, and gathering feedback from sales management. This means that, at times, you will be customer-facing; thus your sales experience is important to the particular sales process.
- Conduct training using a variety of instructional techniques and delivery methods, including classroom-based learning, virtual learning, and in-field training/coaching.
- Partner with our corporate team on the development and maintenance of our training content, exercise, presentations, and accompanying materials. Ensure usage of tone and presentation style that engages our sellers and entices them to absorb content and messaging.
- Develop and manage reporting around the effectiveness/impact and ROI of all training programs and initiatives.
- Increase adoption of technology, tools, and processes that improve our sales efficiency and effectiveness.
- Personal attributes: Embrace challenge; relentless pursuit of excellence; little fear of adversity and headwinds; self-starter mentality that takes direction but doesn’t wait for it; kind and decent human being; doesn’t take her/himself too seriously; challenges current practice and standards; innovative; embraces change.
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- Organizationally-savvy: Ability to collaborate with stakeholders up and down the organization, including senior sales leadership, sales management, Human Resources, and corporate management.
- Self-starter: Ability to create materials based on quantitative (performance analysis) and qualitative (sales meeting observation) factors.
- Experience: Minimum 10 years of enterprise sales and marketing experience in media or marketing services with a solid understanding of fundamental sales process, and marketing principles including online/digital, promotions, product development, competitive media.
- Multi-tasker: Ability to manage multiple deadline-oriented projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Balance: Ability to be strategic, analytical, creative, communicative, and detail-oriented
- Jetsetter: Not quite, but you should be able to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Expert skills in Powerpoint, Excel, CRM programs; curiosity and drive to learn and explore new skills.
- Embraces team outings with karaoke
Tribune Publishing Company (TPCO) is a media company rooted in award-winning journalism. Headquartered in Chicago, Tribune Publishing Company operates local media businesses in eight markets with titles including the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, The Baltimore Sun, Orlando Sentinel, South Florida’s Sun-Sentinel, Virginia’s Daily Press and The Virginian-Pilot, The Morning Call of Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania, and the Hartford Courant.
Tribune Publishing Company also operates Tribune Content Agency (TCA) and the Daily Meal and is majority owner of BestReviews.
Our brands are committed to informing, inspiring and engaging local communities.
We create and distribute content across our media portfolio, offering integrated marketing, media, and business services to consumers and advertisers, including digital solutions and advertising opportunities.