Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NETWORK & SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER II
at Ultimate Software
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here: www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
The Network & Systems Security team within Global Security Operations at Ultimate Software has an opening for a “Security Engineer 2”. The Security Engineer 2 will be responsible for setting up and maintaining a system or specific components of a system (e.g. for example, installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks; implementing operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures).
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Build, install, configure, and test dedicated cyber defense hardware and software solutions.
- Manage system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Monitor and maintain system/server configuration.
- Ensure all systems security operations and maintenance activities are properly documented and updated as necessary.
- Ensure that the application of security patches for commercial products integrated into system design meet the timelines dictated by the management authority for the intended operational
- Maintain baseline system security according to organizational policies.
- Manage accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment.
- Integrate automated capabilities for updating or patching system software where practical and
- develop processes and procedures for manual updating and patching of system software based
- on current and projected patch timeline requirements for the operational environment of the system.
- Plan and recommend modifications or adjustments based on exercise results or system
- Mitigate/correct security deficiencies identified during security/certification testing and/or recommend risk acceptance for the appropriate senior leader or authorized representative.
- 3 years of experience in a security administrative role
- 3 years of experience in incident response and handling
- 3 years of experience in intrusion detection/prevention tools and applications
- 3 years of experience in host/network access control mechanisms.
- Perform advanced Kubernetes operations and repairs, advanced ElasticSearch operations and repairs
- Conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Experience preparing and presenting briefings.
- Experience producing technical documentation, testing/validating into evaluative conclusions.
- Experience developing secure software according to secure software deployment
- methodologies, tools, and practices.
- Experience applying network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols,
- components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- 5% to 10%