Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
NETWORK & SYSTEMS SECURITY ENGINEER III
at Ultimate Software
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #8 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2019. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here: www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
The Network & Systems Security team within Global Security Operations at Ultimate Software has an opening for a “Security Engineer 3”. The Security Engineer 3 will design and develop cybersecurity or cybersecurity-enabled products. Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems (e.g., identify and find work-arounds for communication protocols that are not interoperable). Identify and prioritize essential system functions or sub-systems required for restoration or recovery after a system failure. Identify, assess, and recommend cybersecurity or cybersecurity-enabled products for use within a system and ensure that recommended products are compliant with the organization's security requirements. Perform risk analysis (e.g., threat, vulnerability, and probability of occurrence) whenever an application or system undergoes a major change. Provide guidelines for implementing developed systems to customers or installation teams.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Design and develop cybersecurity or cybersecurity-enabled products.
- Analyze design constraints, analyze trade-offs and detailed system and security design, and consider life cycle support.
- Build, test, and modify product prototypes using working models or theoretical models.
- Identify and direct the remediation of technical problems encountered during testing and implementation of new systems (e.g., identify and find work-arounds for communication protocols that are not interoperable).
- Identify, assess, and recommend cybersecurity or cybersecurity-enabled products for use within a system and ensure that recommended products are in compliance with organization' evaluation and validation requirements.
- Provide guidelines for implementing developed systems to customers or installation teams.
- Design hardware, operating systems, and software applications to adequately address requirements.
- Collaborate on cybersecurity designs to meet specific business needs (e.g., access controls, automated applications, networked operations, high integrity and availability requirements).
- Determine scope, infrastructure, resources, and data sample size to ensure system requirements are adequately demonstrated.
- 5 years of experience in a security administrative role
- 5 years of experience in incident response and handling
- 5 years of experience in intrusion detection/prevention tools and applications
- 5 years of experience in host/network access control mechanisms.
- Perform advanced Kubernetes operations and repairs, advanced ElasticSearch operations and repairs
- Conduct vulnerability scans and recognize vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Experience preparing and presenting briefings.
- Experience producing technical documentation, testing/validating into evaluative conclusions.
- Experience developing secure software according to secure software deployment
- methodologies, tools, and practices.
- Experience applying network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols,
- components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
- 5% to 10%