United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
OR Tech PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
We are a GI surgery center looking for a full-time GI technician.
Surgical techs are allied health professionals, who are an integral part of the team of medical practitioners providing surgical care to patients. Surgical technologists work under the supervision and delegatory authority of a Head Nurse to facilitate the safe and effective conduct of invasive and non-invasive surgical procedures, ensuring that the operating room environment is safe, that equipment functions properly, and that the operative procedure is conducted under conditions that maximize patient safety.
• Supports physicians and nurses with the preparation and set up of appropriate equipment and supplies for each procedure.
• Transports patients, maintains disinfection of equipment and patient environment performs and maintains disinfection quality control documentation, and provides patient care as directed.
• Maintains supply inventory and stocks rooms
• Sets up room between procedures.
• Anticipates instrument needs intra procedure and assists the physician during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
• Collects and processes specimens.
• Maintains and reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
• Ensures cleanliness of working environment. Prepares list of medical supplies needed.
• Maintains patient confidentiality.
• Performs related work as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous GI experience desired.
- Current certification in CPR.