United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Perform the described duties in the primary work area and demonstrate competency in the following:
Operating Room Radiology, areas concentrating in Pain Management and Urology
Perform a variety of technical tasks involved in operating x ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body as specified by physician; adjust equipment for proper exposure, voltage and current in accordance with prescribed radiation safety procedures.
Determine, prepare and set up medical supplies, instruments and equipment; explain x ray procedures to patients; position patients for each anatomical view specified using immobilization and protective devices as required; report any changes in patient condition to attending medical staff.
Monitor accessory equipment and assist attending physician with fluoroscopic examinations and special radiographic studies.
Record amount and type of film exposed; label film with identifying information; sort as required.
Consult with radiologist to ensure compliance with established standards of quality.
Strong teamwork skills, utilizing "down time" to perform other assigned tasks, including room turnovers, restocking warmer, specialty carts, etc.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of an accredited program in Radiological Technology.
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience preferred.
- AART Registered, State of Florida MRT and CPR Current.
- Knowledgeable of local, state, federal and Joint Commission Regulations.
- Must possess independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with the staff, physicians, patients and families.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally in a professional way.
Familiarity with medical terminology and departmental supply items is required.
American Registry of Radiologic Technologists
Arizona Department of Health - Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist
Education and Experience:
1-2 years experience in C-Arm and Portable x-rays in operating room setting.