United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Surgical Scrub Tech - PRN
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Treasure Coast Center for Surgery is a busy multi-specialty surgery center. We are looking to add a dedicated, hard-working Surgical Scrub Tech to our team. We are an affiliate of United Surgical Partners International and our mission is to treat each patient and every family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family, each and every time. If you share our mission, please reach out to discuss joining our team.
Candidates must be process-oriented and driven to maintain a superior Culture of Safety while living our mission of treating each and every patient as they are a member of our family. Additionally, successful candidates will be focused on excellent customer service, have the ability to multi-task, the ability to show flexibility in assignments, maintain scrupulous infection control standards, maintain professional competencies and have the ability to work as part of an interdependent multidisciplinary team. Willingness to be involved in various committees and ancillary functions throughout the facility on an as needed basis. Position is per diem and requires weekdays only -- no holidays, weekends, or call.
The main role of the Surgical Scrub Tech is to anticipate the needs of the surgical team; establish and maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating room.
- Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up of surgical procedures.
- Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining sterile environment.
- Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical supplies and equipment. Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
- Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
- Assists in keeping physician preference cards accurate/updated.
- Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming source/name of specimen with surgeon.
- Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas. Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of instrument sets.
- Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others regardless of age or ethnic background.
- Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure personal safety and a safe environment.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
- Serves as a resource to other members of the health care team.
- Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees. Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy.
- Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by the center.
- Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business philosophy of the Center.
- Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment. Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Additional Duties include: assisting the Materials Manager and serving as a back up to the Materials Manager. This role is responsible for the procurement for all supplies in the surgery center with the exception of food and drugs. The responsibility of the position includes receiving, stocking and case pulling of supplies. Also assisting Accounts Payable with receivers. Other duties as assigned by Materials Manager.
- Creates POS from requisitions which are received from departments
- Sets up items in the Meditech item file
- Accepts and signs for packages from FedEx, UPS, and other delivery drivers
- Compares product with pack slips
- Enters product / receives product / enters inventory into the Meditech system
- Handles customer service inquiries and requests from departments
- Delivers product to departments
- Does twice-weekly inventories of the par carts and OR inventory