Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
2nd Shift Maintenance Supervisor- 107 Jacksonville
at WastePro USA
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising a team of maintenance shop employees and directing the workflow to ensure the safety and productivity of Waste pro vehicles, equipment and / or containers. This role may act as manager-on-duty in the absence of other managerial personnel and handles a broad array of management responsibilities
- Supervises team of employees who are responsible for the repair, installation and maintenance of Waste Pro machinery and heavy duty equipment, including but not limited to, Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Portable Restrooms, and Containers.
- Participates in the safety lane process, reviews DVIR's (Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports), determines repair priorities, assigns and reviews work of several mechanics. Inspects trucks and tools and monitors maintenance activities, verifying the quality of work performed to ensure safety and productivity procedures are followed.
- Prepares and reviews all repair orders to ensure that labor, materials, and parts are properly charged and work is completed according to established guidelines. Maintains logs of repairs performed on each vehicle.
- Recommends hiring actions, coach, counsel and evaluate performance, identify training opportunities, monitor and track employee attendance, complete disciplinary actions/meetings and apply Positive Leadership principles. Trains employees in proper work methods, equipment operation, and enforces safety rules and regulations.
- Develop and maintain constructive working relationships with the managers, drivers, helpers, mechanics and admin.
- Identify equipment and parts needs and procures parts, within assigned spending limits, necessary to complete repairs. Refers larger purchases or major repairs to Maintenance Manager as appropriate.
- Diagnoses mechanical problems and performance repairs and maintenance on Waste Pro equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR and/or repair orders. Road test vehicles to diagnose problems and confirm completed repairs
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- Knowledge and ability to diagnose and repair engine, transmission, brake, suspension, electrical, hydraulic, body components and systems related to Heave Duty and Light Duty Trucks.
- Knowledge of fuel systems,
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and two years of vehicle / hydraulic maintenance or welding experience;
- Minimum of two years supervisory or progressively responsible experience in a lead role.
- Valid Class A or B CDL. Must meet Waste Pro requirements to operate trucks and other equipment used. Mechanic school certification and / or ASE certification preferred.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
- Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
- Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
- Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
- Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a da
- Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
- Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
- Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
- Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
- Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
- Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
- Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls)
- Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.