Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Day Shift Maintenance Supervisor- 828 NE FL Refab
at WastePro USA
107 Strickland St-STRK
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Maintenance Manager plans, organizes and supervises the Division's maintenance staff and functions. This management position holds responsibly for overall fleet/equipment support and associated maintenance processes that include inspection, repair, pre/post servicing, vehicle distribution, quality assurance and disposal at the Division level. This manager will work in partnership with the Regional Maintenance Manager and Operations teams to ensure overall fleet condition, equipment reliability, safety and cost effective fleet performance.
1. Manages departmental hiring, training, coaching, performance management, discipline, scheduling of work assignments, and overtime authorization.
2. Maintains an ongoing preventive/corrective maintenance program which sets the standard for service excellence.
3. Reviews status reports including road calls, breakdowns, parts inventory, repairs, and safety performance.
4. Provides hands-on maintenance assistance as needed.
5. Education of driver responsibilities as it relates to DVIR's, operation of fleet vehicles, and basic CDL requirements.
6. Assures all maintenance-related data is available for input in the vehicle maintenance system.
7. Monitor Dossier efficiencies to include inventory control, goals for improved performance, monitoring, measuring and reporting.
8. Assists in purchasing of new vehicles, equipment, tools and containers.
9. Responsible for establishing maintenance related training sessions that improve overall fleet condition and operational knowledge of drivers, mechanics, and shop personnel.
10. Administer and monitor regional adherence to federal and state programs, and oversees maintenance in accordance with EPA and other mandatory regulations.
11. Verifies implementations of required DOT, OSHA, EPA regulations and monitors conformance as required on an ongoing basis. Coordinate efforts with local Safety, Corporate Safety and Regional Maintenance Manager.
12. Ensuring efficient utilization, vehicle maintenance quality, and transportation to ready-lines.
13. Fleet inventory/condition reporting, including out of service listing, matched to asset list.
14. Manages divisional maintenance budgets.
15. Responsible for implementation/monitoring of all fleet maintenance activities (e.g.Pre/Post pre-trip, safety lane, warranty recovery, tire standards, oil/lubricants, major component failure, and all new initiatives).
16. Facilitate movement of equipment between division ensuring proper inspections and delivery of equipment in ready condition.
17. Evaluate body damage estimates as it relates to maintenance and fleet functions; manages cost controls and enhances vendor service.
18. Evaluate equipment performance and recommend modifications and/or alternate vendors based on maintenance/costing information.
19. Analyze service issues related to fleet maintenance and performs root cause analysis, recommends remediation methodologies and escalates as needed to address issues.
20. Assists in purchase of
21. Supports efforts to create useful metrics and performance (on-line/off-line) diagnostic reporting tools (e.g. machinery dynamics) to support fleet quality trending and fleet maintenance performance.
*Essential Functions-The statements above are intended only to describe the general nature of the job and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
Listed below are key points regarding environmental/work demands of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, reaching etc.);
* May on occasion be required to exert physical effort involving lifting/moving objects that may weigh 20 pounds, stooping, reaching, carrying and pushing;
* Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, bruises, exposure to machinery/heavy equipment, etc.);
* Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements;
* Normal setting for this job is carried out in office, field and maintenance facilities.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
* Must have a valid Driver's License.
* CDL license preferred
* Engine rebuild certification a plus
* Brake certification required
Education and Experience
* Associates Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Management or the equivalent of 3 years related field work
* 2-4 years basic accounting, fixed asset management preferred.
* Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Ability to think analytically and to resourcefully draw accurate conclusions.
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations..
* Ability to develop reports with required accounting detail, timely delivery and accuracy.
* Experience using software packages, including MS Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel. Emphasis on the use of Excel.
* Knowledge and applied use of Accounting Systems (e.g. Solomon, SAP, Oracle, Great Plans)
* Ability to adapt to change and operate rationally under dynamic pressure situations.
* Ability to function as team member and effectively build relationships with management, peers, staff and clients.
* Ability to meet deadlines and set priorities with effective distribution of time and effort.
* Ability to work cross functionally within a matrix organization.
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, driving, etc.)- most of the work day;
* Required to exert physical effort in tasks that involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight handling objects less than 25 pounds- rarely;