Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
IT Business Analyst / Product Owner
at Zimmerman Advertising
Zimmerman follows the Agile Scrum framework for all software development projects. Within this framework, the Business Analyst functions as a primary manager and owner for the prioritization, specification, and end-user acceptance testing of assigned software projects. The role also functions as a proxy for the Agile Product Owner, working closely with key stakeholders throughout the organization to understand what is to be built and convey that vision to the scrum team, define the features of the product, and prioritize and maintain the development backlog.
- Represent key internal and client stakeholders and manage daily interactions as items relate to system development, support, and technical issue resolution.
- Create, communicate and manage detailed project scope and business requirement documents for system features, enhancements and bug resolutions.
- Track all defects and enhancements with internal and external resources.
- Support the scrum team’s use of business requirements and scope documents to execute development sprints.
- Coordinate with the QA team to make sure tests adequately cover the requirements.
- Run/Lead end user acceptance tests.
- Decide on release dates and content. Proactively set, communicate and manage expectations with stakeholders regarding timelines and deliverables.
- Identify project risks and collaborate with team members to prevent or mitigate them.
- Support production system monitoring and maintenance plans to ensure the agency meets applicable service level agreements.
- Coordinate new product/feature roll-out and training to user community.
- Act as a subject matter expert and provide internal and external technical troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 5+ years of proven experience as a Business Analyst in information technology or software development.
- 3+ years of proven experience with Agile framework
- Experience with projects requiring Data Analysis, Data Management and implementation of AI models preferred.
- Business Analyst Certification (PMI-PBA) preferred.
- Excellent facilitation, writing and inter-personal communication skills with people at all levels of an organization.
- Strong understanding of project management fundamentals and excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks while working independently with the common sense to escalate issues when necessary.
- Strong attention to detail.
- A strong sense of urgency and commitment to get the job done timely, accurately and with high quality results.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite and MS Project with the ability to self-learn new computer systems quickly.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.