Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Zimmerman Advertising
The Research Manager must be adept in both qualitative and quantitative methodologies and will be selected and placed into the position by the Director of Research and Chief Strategy Officer. This position works under general direction and should be able to complete tasks from start to finish mostly unsupervised. This role will use independent judgment and discretion to accomplish tasks, with considerable latitude within scope of position.
The Research Manager’s role is to develop, conduct, analyze and present findings of primary and secondary research to determine the attitudes and interests of consumers to help produce effective business, marketing, and advertising strategies as well as actionable tactics. Acting as the voice of the consumer within an agency, the Strategy department uses research to identify ideal audiences and optimum methods of communication. They combine market data, consumer research and product knowledge within a core proposition to enable the creative team to produce advertising ideas that resolve defined business problems.
- Demonstrates effective project management of research tasks from start to finish with ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Effectively manage internal and external resources - people, cross-functional teams, clients, vendors, etc.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research utilizing both traditional and innovative methodologies, including, (but not limited to), in-depth interviews, customer intercepts, focus groups, digital ethnographies, segmentation, brand tracking, ad/copy testing.
- Ability to design and deploy research from the ground up – survey/discussion guide design, communicating with internal partners and external vendors, analysis, synthesis and presentation of objective, clear and actionable insights.
- Possess the ability to perform moderately complex tasks with minimal assistance.
- Able to communicate with clients about research needs from proposal phase to final deliverable.
- Able to develop research proposals including budgets/pricing.
- Promote Zimmerman’s research capabilities internally and externally.
- Identify and actively participate in securing new research opportunities outside the current Zimmerman roster.
- Routinely and expertly use syndicated resources and research tools, including Mintel, Simmons, and Decipher.
- Four-year college degree in market research, marketing, statistics, sociology, psychology, anthropology, or related field; combined with strong experience in research and study design.
- Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in consumer insights, market research, consulting or similar role.
- Strong ability to conduct thorough data analysis and create comprehensive reporting that clearly and concisely tell a story (PowerPoint and Keynote).
- Experience working on the supplier side
- Experience moderating qualitative research
- Experience using survey programming software a plus.
- Interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, challenging work environment and a high level of responsiveness to others.
- Organizational skills, detail-oriented and able to follow-through on assigned tasks.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to deliver client reports and executive summaries that are well-written, thoughtful, and data-driven.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Ability to think and write creatively.
- Ability to meet deadlines or deliver early.
- Due to government contractual obligations, candidates must be US citizens.
- Must be able to travel for research and client meetings.
- Energetic, creative, and with a keen attention to detail.
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.