Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Social Marketing Director
at Zimmerman Advertising
The Social Marketing Director has primary leadership responsibility for the world-class Social Media Newsroom. They are responsible for driving the Agency and Client’s Social strategy and execution to build world-class retail results. The Social Marketing Director drives their team to use best in class technology, proven processes and an innovative approach to achieve defined results. The team they lead should actively participate in a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, Search & Response, reporting, as well as up-to-the-minute industry knowledge to execute: Social and Integrated campaigns, paid social campaigns, evaluation and implementation of social tools, develop social messaging/content strategies, Blogs/Vlogs, Optimized Press Releases, Mobile Marketing Campaigns, Online Newsrooms, Viral Videos, Photosharing, Podcasting & Webcasts, Tweet chats. A successful candidate would ensure the Agency drives solution based social programs that increase business results.
The Social Marketing Director provides digital counsel to clients and supports the Agency’s social media initiatives. This means to infuse social media thinking and strategy into all media programs, managing client relationships, activating online social media programs, advancing social media integration thinking among account teams, providing thought leadership & digital direction for new business opportunities. They strategize with and educate ZADV executives and others across the company on incorporating relevant social media techniques into the corporate culture and into all of the company’s products and services.
Based on strategic assignment, this role focused on three areas:
- National brand management (client portfolio)
- New business (integrated agency/existing client growth or tier 2/3)
- Platform focus (Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, Bloggers)
- Vendor & Tool assessment (social listening, analytics, data aggregation)
Social Client Management
- Anticipate Client(s) needs and keep the Agency in the position of leading.
- Maintain constant contact with appropriate client personnel and ZADV team to ensue continuing agency awareness of client’s desires, interests and overall marketing objectives.
- Represent the Agency in client and in interagency meetings, and have enough presence to persuade clients and agencies to embark on social programs.
- Track weekly and report weekly campaign performance with actionable optimization recommendations.
Social Media Campaign Development
- Define comprehensive social media strategies to increase visibility, membership and traffic to on- and offline destinations.
- Monitor trends in social media, indentify tools and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to create successful Social Media campaigns.
- Create in-depth Social Media proposals with an eye toward integrated strategy driving the overall business objectives
- Collaborate with partner agencies to ensure sound comprehensive strategic recommendations for clients.
- Work with clients and partners to develop incentives, rewards and tools to measure participation in the social communities
- Work directly with traditional Account Management teams for the inclusion and consideration of social strategies and tactics in marketing efforts and campaigns.
- Develop strategies and tactical recommendations for clients’ social media campaigns.
- Manage the preparation and delivery of social presentations to the Client.
- Work with Media Planning and the Account Team in development of annual media plans and campaigns.
Social Media Campaign Execution
- Oversee flawless execution of client projects, on time and on budget.
- Establish consistency of messaging across multiple networks and work with BOTH the clients and vendors to ensure proper messaging is being executed online.
- Prepare reports to update internal staff on site statistics.
- Supervise support staff in their direct or indirect responsibility for the development of client projects, as well as professional growth, providing internal team leadership and mentoring
- Plan and monitor social media campaigns, inclusive of paid media and organic conversations within the social space.
- Build and maintain client’s content distribution network by way of social media channels.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding our brand, report to appropriate parties.
- Daily management and oversight of the social marketing team.
- Inspire staff to master current technologies while learning up-and-coming technologies and social outlets.
- Partner with associates to ensure they have meaningful, relevant goals and professional development plans in place.
- Provide guidance, counsel and mentorship to team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing, Business or other related field.
- 7+ years experience in Social Media Marketing
- Be passionately in tune with latest social media developments, online behaviors, and trends.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote and current social media outlets (Facebook, Twitter, Google +,Instagram, Vine, Snapchat, Pintrest, etc.)
- Experience in formulating and driving long-term strategic account plans, strategies & roadmaps
- Exceptional at building and presenting concepts/programs for clients and new business opportunities
- Possess extensive social media experience and a direct “on the pulse” connection to the ever evolving social media world.
- Proven ability to draw on the full arsenal of Social Media tools to develop a holistic integrated strategy for a wide variety of clients.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, multi-tasking, networking, time management and interpersonal skills
- Urgency and a strong attention to detail, specifically with regards to written communications
- Strong command of the English language Strong initiative and willingness to approach work with a sense of urgency
- Strong business ethics; be reliable and dependable